Below is a list of current Volunteer positions open in the chapter
- Assistant to the President
This position reports to the Chapter President and assists the President in the day to day operations of the chapter. The Assistant to the President will assist in preparing chapter documents, take notes during special meetings and undertake and manage tasks assigned by the President.
VP of Programs Office
- VP of Programs
The VP is a position of leadership within the particular organization to which he/she is appointed. VP’s will determine the high level objectives via the Planning process with the Board. They will be responsible for managing people and tasks. More specifically, for ensuring that a solid process is in place and that our time is spent focusing on the “Planned Objectives” and “Priorities” set in the monthly reports.
The VP is expected to have full knowledge of all the positions available and be prepared to provide back-up and train new volunteers as needed.
The VP’s job is to ensure that all current job functions are staffed and volunteers are performing their job functions according to their job descriptions and within the scope of the By-Laws.
Abide by all decisions approved by the Board, the Chapter By-Laws, and any other documents approved by the Board that pertain to the governance of the Chapter.
• Ensure that a Director is recruited.
• Write job descriptions for all available positions.
• Ensure that all of the job descriptions are regularly uploaded to Share Point
• Notify Membership of the new recruit and follow the membership process for new volunteers.
• Actively recruit volunteers
• Report status on the health of all functions to the Board at the board meeting each month and/or upon request.
• Keep the Monthly Report on Share Point updated and present it to the board each month.
• Report issues on any projects or tasks that need to be completed at the board meeting each month.
Director of Programs
The Director is a leadership position within the particular organization at which he/she is appointed. The Director will receive high level objectives from the VP. Must manage people, tasks, and ensure that the processes set by the VP of Programs are properly executed.
The Director is expected to have full knowledge of all available positions and be prepared to provide back-up when need and train to new volunteers.
All Director positions and VP appointments must be reviewed and approved by the Board.
The Director is to regard “stability” as a priority of his/her job and ensure that all job functions are fully staffed and that volunteers are performing them in accordance with their job descriptions and within the scope of the By-Laws.
• Write job descriptions in conjunction with the VP for all director positions under the VP.
• Ensure that all job descriptions are uploaded to Share Point
• Notify the “New Volunteer Coordinator” of the new recruit.
• Actively recruit volunteers
• Report status on the health of all functions to the VP at the board meetings each month.
• Report progress on any projects or tasks that need to be completed to the VP at the board meeting each month.
VP of Communications Office
- Newsletter Editor
This position reports to the Director of Communications and rotates monthly. If you like being creative and assembling information for the monthly chapter newsletter this volunteer opportunity is for you. The newsletter is created using Microsoft Publisher and training is provided. Excellent English is required.
- Newsletter Team Coordinator
We need a volunteer member to proactively lead a team of volunteers to deliver our monthly newsletter, in a fun and coordinated way.
- Web Coordinator
This position will monitor web content and coordinate updates as needed with the owners; Maintain the website in a timely manner and ensure that all links, email address and phone numbers are current and up to date. Works with website vendor to manage problems and opens tickets as necessary, with the approval of the VP of Communications.
VP of Operations Office
VP of Operations
Duration: present to 12/31/14
- Keep all web content current by recruiting and supervising a web team
- Develop & maintain all organizational documents on the online repository (SharePoint)
- Establishment, adoption, and maintenance of the Chapter Operations Manual
- Keep revisions of all chapter forms on SharePoint
- Supervise the Recording Secretary, who records proceedings into minutes and submits action items to SharePoint
- Coordinate and provide facilities for Chapter Events by supervising a Facilities Manager
- Keep job descriptions for all positions updated to Share Point
- Place open job descriptions to website
- Notify the Membership of the new recruits and follow the membership process for new volunteers.
- Report issues and progress to the Board of Directors (BoD) at the monthly board meeting and upon request.
- Report monthly on issues, projects or tasks to be completed by others on the BoD
- Organize and conduct Chapter Audits as deemed necessary by the President
- Conduct Chapter elections for VP positions and institute a Nominating Committee
- Recruit volunteers to fill out Operations and Web teams
Well organized, excellent written and communication skills, excellent people skills, technical skills and the ability to manage technical staff, project management skills
- Facility Manager
The Facility Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for handling the facility arrangements for the Chapter. That task will include reserving meeting room for monthly board meetings, monthly dinner meetings and for scheduled seminars and training classes. The reservations are done on quarterly and annual basis or ad-hoc, as needed. Work closer with the VP of Operations to handle special events.
- Purchasing Manager
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for researching and selecting vendors and making the purchases of any equipment, supplies or services that the chapter requires. Works closely with and reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Operations Manual Publisher - Spearheads the creation and update of the Operations Manual for the chapter. Manages a team of content creators composed of other volunteers, including volunteers from other committees. Determines objectives and priorities in conjunction with the Director of Ops.
- Operations Manual Editor - Assembles content from contributors to create finished articles that compose the manual. Responsible for enforcing formats conformance, places content into template, corrects content errors, typos and grammatical flaws and assures the readability and usability of the information presented in the manual. Confirms that previous material is up to date. Reports to the Operations Manual Publisher.
VP of Membership Office
- Data Outreach Manager
The Data Outreach Manager reports to the VP of Membership and will download monthly report of active members; Format reports for newsletter and upload to Share Point or submit to Newsletter Coordinator; Download monthly non-renewal report (monthly change report) and send it to Membership Outreach Manager; Download monthly prospect report and send it to Membership Outreach Manager; Update the Yahoo distribution List with new members; Maintain Yahoo distribution list for updates from members (addition, deletion or revision)
- Volunteer Manager
The Volunteer Manager reports to the VP of Membership and helps the Board of Directors in the recruiting of volunteers: Follows the on-boarding and off-boarding of volunteers; Maintains a pool of volunteers and their contact information; Maintains volunteer job descriptions; Keeps track of volunteer for PDU credit reporting purposes.
Director of Bakersfield Office
Do you have an eye for capturing the moment? If so, you are the one we are looking for! You can contribute by taking pictures at monthly meetings, writing captions to the pictures & upload pictures with captions to include in the newsletter publishing.
- Assistant Programs Coordinator
Do you know of or have access to people that you feel would make interesting speakers in the Project Management field? You can contribute by assisting in coordinating an array of speakers for our monthly events.
- Web Content Writer
Help us in maintaining the chapter website related to the Bakersfield team.