Mgr Technology or Mgr Technology Sr (Consumer Applications)
Any WellPoint location -52639
Responsible for managing the delivery of information systems and software, networking, server engineering, information security, application development and/or programming activities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees information systems function for a site, system, or special initiative including quality assurance/quality control.
• Responsible for cost center management of multiple cost centers and/or plan of record projects. Manages at least a single application (or the equivalent capital and/or level of responsibility and complexity.
• Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
• Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques.
• Management duties include hiring, training, coaching, counseling and evaluating performance of direct reports (10+ FTE and 40-50 Contractors)
Requires BA/BS in Computer Science, Business administration or related field; 5 + years experience leading project teams and providing direction for professional exempt employees; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Excellent understanding of business operations
• Prior leadership or management experience
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train staff.
• Effective communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Strong tactical planning, organizational, analytical and PC skills required.
• Expertise in relevant tools and technical skills required; strong knowledge of mobile applications technology is required.
• Ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners.
• Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining high volume consumer facing web and mobile applications
• Strong technical capabilities (design, architect, develop); understand business implications of technical issues and provide alternate solutions.
• Leading teams to meet aggressive project deliverables; generate a sense of urgency and passion in product.
• Ability to visualize through consumer's perspective. Simplify complex experiences and solve problems.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Ability to drive multiple simultaneous initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience governing multi-vendor delivery model including offshore, full software life cycle management, budget management
• Leadership oversight to ensure successful, on-time delivery of projects.
• Ability to take hands-on approach to manage resources, solution and schedules.