Candidate Application Deadline is Friday, August 9th.
We are looking for great new leadership for the PMI-4c chapter Board of Directors for the 2020 - 2022 term! And, one of those leaders could be you!
Sharpen your leadership skills and contribute to the advancement of the Project Management profession!
These positions provide great opportunities for you to contribute to the chapter, hone your leadership skills, expand your professional network, liaise with industry leaders, and earn PDUs all at the same time!
Many past board members have talked about how experience on the board has helped them advance their professional skills and careers.
In addition to the great experience, these roles have one or more directorhips to provide assistance with performing your duties. Average time commitment is approximately 2-5 hours per week.
Open Board Positions:
The PMI-4C Chapter will be holding elections for the following Board positions to serve 2 year terms beginning January 1, 2020.
- Chapter President
- Vice President of Strategy and Operations
- Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Vice President of Programs and Professional Development
- Vice President of Membership and Growth
- Vice President of Communications and Marketing
Board Role Descriptions:
The President shall be the chief executive officer for the PMI-4C Chapter and of the Board, and shall perform such duties as are customary for presiding Officers, including supervise, direct and control the corporation’s activities, affairs, and Officers in accordance with the Bylaws. The President shall preside at all members’ meetings and all Board meetings. If the President is unable to attend a meeting, Vice President of Strategy and Operations, may preside over the meeting. To run for president, you must has served on the PMI-4c board previously in the capacity of a Director or VP.
Vice President of Finance and Administration
The Vice President of Finance and Administration shall (1) oversee the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of the Chapter, which shall include, but not be limited to, online payments, cash and check transactions, or other; (2) review and participate in approval of all chapter contracts; (3) have charge and custody of all financial-related assets and records of the Chapter, including but not limited to the original Chapter Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, tax filings, financial statements, and payment records, (4) file all required tax returns and financial reports; (5) be responsible for validating the results of all Chapter and Board votes and elections; (6) perform any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Board to support the ongoing functions of the Chapter; and (7) is the treasurer of the corporation in matters dealing with the state of California. This Vice President shall be the Secretary of the corporation, who shall keep the records of the PMI-4C Chapter and maintain all legal, and government documents and contracts. Prior PMI-4c board experience is preferred.
Vice President of Strategy and Operations
The Vice President of Strategy and Operations shall work closely with the President and be mentored in preparation for the role of President. Additionally, this Vice President shall (1) oversee the strategic planning process for the Chapter; (2) monitor the implementation/execution of the strategic plan; (3) manage the chapter infrastructure needs including (a) Information Systems such as SharePoint and Website (b) Computers (c) non-financial assets; (4) keep adequate records of all proceedings, actions, business meetings of the Chapter and meetings of the Board; (5) institutes a Nominating Committee for Chapter elections for officers positions and validates the election results; (6) Keeper of revisions of all Chapter forms; (7) Maintaining the Chapter Operations Manual, and (8) Organize and conduct Chapter Audits as deemed necessary by the Board. Prior PMI-4c board experience is preferred.
Vice President of Programs and Professional Development
The Vice President of Programs and Professional Development shall be responsible for (1) the development, management, and oversight of project management educational programs and events; courses to prepare members for the PMI® Certification Exam; providing information to members about PMI® Certification and re-Certification; and for reporting to PMI® headquarters on Professional Development Unit points (PDUs) sponsored by the Chapter; (2) the development and management of programs for regularly scheduled Chapter meetings; (3) marketing of Chapter’s Professional Development products and services in consultation with the VP of Communications and Marketing; (4) Facility coordination, vendor coordination, overseeing the networking hour; and (5) other aspects of Chapter meetings involving current and prospective members. Prior PMI-4c board experience is preferred.
Vice President of Membership and Growth
The Vice President of Membership and Growth shall be responsible for (1) enrollments of new volunteers and recruitment out-reach;(2) providing membership reports as required by the Board; (3) maintaining all data repositories for members; (4) maintain records for volunteer time and PDUs earned; (5) award selection and presentation to volunteers; (6) continued growth and retention of members and volunteers. Prior PMI-4c board experience is preferred.
Vice President of Communications and Marketing
The Vice President of Communications and Marketing shall be responsible for (1) maintenance of external and internal communications established by the Chapter, which can include, but not be limited to the Newsletter, Advertising, e-mail blast distribution lists, SharePoint content and Chapter Web site content, public relations, publicity & marketing; (2) any other functions deemed necessary by the Board to support the ongoing Communications and Marketing needs of the Chapter; (3) promoting strategic alliances with corporate, educational, and community organizations, including brand management and managing relationships with these organizations. Prior PMI-4c board experience is preferred.
- The Application form is available for download: here.
- Upon submission, qualified applicants will be invited to meet with the Election Committee members to further discuss the role and responsibilities for the respective position along with applicants’ skills and qualification for the position they applied to ensure clear understanding and agreement, before the applicant’s name is placed on the Ballot.
- The candidates, whose names are placed on the Ballot, will be invited to introduce themselves and address the Chapter’s membership during the August 22nd Monthly Chapter Dinner Meeting.
- The Application process will close on August 9th, 2019, and ballots will be sent to PMI® Global with the request to open the electronic voting system for the PMI-4C membership. The electronic voting will be managed by PMI® Global during September 2019. The election will be validated and results will be communicated by PMI® Global during October 2019.
- The newly-elected officers of PMI California Central Coast Chapter for the 2020-2022 term will be introduced to during the November 2019 Annual Membership Meeting. The newly elected officers will start their term on January 1st, 2020.
- We encourage the PMI-4C membership to review the open positions and consider running for the next term.