The California Central Coast Chapter of the Project Management Institute serves San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura and the 913xx zip code areas of the Western San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles County. The Chapter offers a variety of programs across this geographic area designed to support our members and promote excellence in the Project Management profession.
- Our Mission is to: :
- Provide Professional Development. Networking and volunteer job opportunities to meet the needs of our PMI Chapter members and the project management community in support of the Project Management Institute's mission.
- We encourage and facilitate education, certification, and professionalism in project management.
- We provide a forum for discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications, and ideas related to the management of projects and to foster communication between public and private sectors regarding project management.
- We disseminate, information regarding developments in project management .
- We provide our members with the opportunity to enhance their skills through hands on experience in a variety of volunteer project management and community based activities.
We welcome and invite members and non-members from all industries to join us at our Chapter sponsored events. Our events are open to the public, and walk-ins are always welcome.
Advantages of PMI-California Central Coast Chapter Membership
- Members qualify for discounts for professional development seminars, monthly dinner programs, and other special events.
- Members enhance their knowledge and increase their marketability.
- PMI-California Central Coast Chapter events provide an excellent opportunity to expand your social and professional circle.
- Provide opportunity to have your questions answered by other chapter members who have years of experience and specific expertise in project management.
- Earn PDUs! PMPs need to earn 60 PDUs for each three year certification period.
- Increase your visibility in the profession.
- Enjoy the experience of belonging to a professional association.
- Get involved and develop leadership skills in a supportive environment. Volunteer in the Chapter as an Officer or assist with Chapter sponsored events.
- Chapter Website
- Visit our web site at www.pmi-4C.org for the latest chapter event information. Past newsletters and speaker presentation materials are available for members to download.
- Top notch dinner meeting speakers - double features/double PDUs
- Low cost events
- Annual PMP prep course
- The workshop is a six-week comprehensive review of the PMBOK Guide to assist PMI-4C members. The course is designed to prepare experienced project managers to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification examination. This professional designation is recognized worldwide and is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). For details visit www.pmi.org
- Book Purchase and Library
- PMI-4C members may purchase books from PMI through the Chapter at a discount. The Chapter has a small collection of project management books available for loan on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost. Members may borrow books for up to three months.
Diversity of Program Offerings
- Dinner Meetings in Thousand Oaks
- Lunch and Dinner Meetings in Santa Barbara
- Lunch Meetin gs in San Luis Obispo
- Lunch Roundtables Saturday Seminars (1/2 Day & 1 Day)
- Weekday Seminars (1 & 2 Day)
- Partner with other chapters in region 7 to offer webinars and additional opportunities for professional development.
This is your chapter - get involved by volunteering!
- Earn PDUs
- Gain industry/peer recognition
- 'Give back' by contributing to the global project management community
- Network and meet great people
- Develop your leadership skills
- Have FUN and model project management