May 2022 PMI-4C Monthly Meeting (Telepresence Only)
Thursday, May 26, 2022 18:30 PM
Link to be provided in separate e-mail 2 days prior to the event.
Join us on Thursday, May 26th for Our Monthly Webinar
Topic: PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN THE AGE OF INFORMATION AND AUTOMATION
Speaker: Dean T. Kashiwagi, PhD, PE, IFMA Fellow, Director, Adjunct Professor, Retired Full Professor
Company: SKEMA Business School
About the Presentation:
The world is changing rapidly. Information systems, automation and robotics are infiltrating every sector of the supply chain. Project management models are focused on using technology to improve efficiency by forcing PMs to adapt to the new information age. Dr. Dean proposes that PMs can’t compete with computers when it comes to efficiency, instead they should focus on the one skill that cannot be automated: expertise. Experts think less and make fewer decisions. They can describe project outcomes before they happen. Experts understand unique and complex situations that computers can’t. In order to stay relevant, PMs must learn how to identify and utilize expertise. When PMs know how to utilize expertise, it’s easier to mitigate risk, cut costs, and improve project performance.
In this training session, Dr. Dean will introduce attendees to the Best Value Approach, a proven model to finding, hiring, and utilizing experts. Procurement and PM professionals will walk away with a better understanding of best practices for outsourcing work. Contractors and vendors will leave this session understanding how to use automation to improve project efficiency and internal management practices.
- Learn about the future of the industry.
- Learn how to reduce costs by up to 30%,
- Learn how to increase the value and quality of services received.
- Learn how the new PM paradigm and how to increase their capability.
- Learn how to increase their impact on their organization, by minimizing the amount of information that they need to know.
Meeting attendees will have a chance to win a free giveaway!
About Dean T. Kashiwagi, PhD:
Dr. Dean Kashiwagi is an innovator and a researcher of “cutting edge technology” in the areas of project management, risk management, procurement, and performance information. His accomplishments include:
- Most prolific researcher that at the Del E. Webb School of Construction at Arizona State University (ASU) with $18M of research funding solely from the private sector.
- Author of the Information Measurement Theory (IMT), Performance Information Procurement System (PIPS), the Best Value Approach (BVA), and the Performance Information Risk Management System (PIRMS), which has been used in 2,000 tests in 9 different countries delivering $6.6B of services in construction, services and information technology.
- Responsible for the licensing of the Best Value Approach (BVA) intellectual property (IP) at Arizona State University (ASU), which is the most licensed IP at ASU in the history of ASU [64 licenses].
- Owner of the Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG).
- Performed research at ASU College of Engineering, at the SKEMA Business School Project Management dBA program, and with the CIB W117 working commission.
- Creator of Barrett, The Honors College’s most successful and popular class, “Deductive Logic and Leadership”. The principles of the class teach students to minimize thinking, decision making and complexity to increase understanding of reality.
Dr. Dean Kashiwagi’s research area is a technology made for the future. It replaces the human cognitive process (thinking and decision making) of project/facility/supply chain managers with a simple structure of alignment rules. The BVA allows project/facility/supply chain managers to increase their responsibilities and create value, while reducing their workload and cost.
Dr. Kashiwagi's Contact Details:
Dean T. Kashiwagi, PhD, PE, IFMA Fellow, Director, Adjunct Professor, Retired Full Professor
Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG) Kashiwagi Solution Model, Inc. (KSM)
SKEMA Business School
CIB W117 Performance Measurement in Construction
Editor of W117 Journal “Advancement of Performance Information and Value”
SPEAKER YOUTUBE CHANNEL: CLICK HERE
Session Details: Hosted on Zoom
Date: Thursday, May 26th 2022
Meeting Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Online Only via Zoom, Connection details provided via e-mail after registration.
Meeting Session: 6:30 – 8:00 PM PT
- 6:30 – 6:35 Welcoming – Board Announcements
- 6:35 – 7:35 Dr. Kashiwagi’s presentation
- 7:35 – 7:50 Q&A with Dr. Dean
- 7:50 – 8:00 Chapter Meeting Closing Renarks
This meeting provides attendees with 2 PDUs.
The Project Management Knowledge Academy is Introducing the PMP and Scrum Master Certfication Training Program
- PMI 4-C is collaborating with the Project Management Knowledge Academy to provide its FIRST EVER double certification program!
- First 10 registrants receive a free companion, self-paced online *SCRUM Master certified training course and test offered by SCRUMStudy (a SCRUM and Agile global accredited body).
- Prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP) and SCRUM Master Certified (SMC) certifications when you enroll in this certification training program.
Registration Deadline: June 5, 2022
Pricing: $997 (For PMI 4-C members & affiliates with discount code) | $1,197 (non-members)
Discount Code: Use PMP4SUMMER when registering
Dates: June 06 – July 18 2022 (12 sessions)
Excluded Class Dates: July 04, 2022
Class Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
Class Times: 6:30 – 9:30 PM PST
Meeting Format: Zoom meeting
PDU's Earned (applies to existing PMP certified members): 36
Program Trainer: Michael Haupt
Project Management Knowledge Academy’s PMI® Authorized PMP Exam Prep course is meant to prepare students to successfully pass the Project Management Professional exam. The PMP® designation offers individuals worldwide recognition as a Project Management Professional, supported by core knowledge and understanding of critical Project Management concepts, principles and techniques. Additionally, there is expanded material on adaptive (Agile, Scrum, Hybrid) methodology consistent with the May 2020, PMI Exam Content Outline (ECO).
The course enables candidates to:
- develop professionally,
- increase their project management skills,
- apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management,
- seek career advancement by moving into a formal project manager job role, and
- apply for the Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification.
Any individual, including PMP certified individuals, who have attended any Project Management program in the past and need to brush up on the required material to pass the PMP® exam or needs PDUs for re-certification as a PMP would also benefit from this course. Just for completing the course, recent graduates report recruiters head hunting them for opportunities resulting in a $30K - $50k increase in salary.
*The online access for the SCRUM Master certified training and Test will be provided after registration for the PMP certification training program.
Grow Your Skills
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
|New Members This Year||36|
|Members with no Certification||171|
|Breakdown by type|
Members in Spotlight
New Members This Month
- Ted Yukawa
- Glenn Johnson
Renewing Members This Month
- Shelby Hensley, CAPM
- erin davis, PMP
- Richard Andrews
- Aaron Lewis, PMP
- Annie Brown, PMP
- Charles Shapiro, PMP
- Jon Lockhart
- George Horning
- Lindy Larkin, PMP
- Stacey Lake
- Ajay Rana, PMP
- Kyle Adler
- David George Merigold
- Rosario Houghtaling, PMP
- Scott Olson, PMP
- Dan MacKirdy, PMP
- Danielle Duggal, PMP
- Jeffery Stovall, PMP
- Tammi OGrady, PMP
- Harold Siegel
- Andrea Poteat, PMP
- Anna Michlin, PMP
- Lisa Gasaway, PMP
- Daniel Blandford, PMP
- Dennis Michaud
- Ben Cobb, PMP
- Philip Houghtaling
- Davia Nelson, PMP,PMI-ACP
- Alejandro Chavez, PMP
- David Austin, PMP
- Alan PREVIDE, PMP
- Todd Howard, PMP
- Patricia Reardon, PMP
- Maureen Sorensen
- Gayla Faye Bierend, PMP
- Nancy Lam, PMP
- Steven Manick, PMP
- Teresa Torrijos, PMP
- Edson Lima, PMP
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. Our chapter proudly serves all the local and national professionals in the space of Project Management. We currently have thousands of members - over half of whom hold PMI’s esteemed PMP certification - and represent nearly 400 unique companies across the globe.
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Make your mark on our PMI Chapter and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on and to lead activities that advance the profession and support the chapter business operations by joining our chapter volunteer community. All volunteer openings are managed by the PMI Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS). This system includes the ability to search for opportunities, view details about each role and apply online.
Earn PDUs by Volunteering
Volunteering Project Management Professional PDUs can be earned as part of Category E: Volunteer Service. Category E, along with Category D (Creating New Project Knowledge) and Category F (Working as a Professional in Project Management), comprise the Giving Back To The Profession Categories. You can earn PDUs in Category E (Volunteer Service) by providing volunteer, non-compensated project management, and many others.
Speakers for our Chapter's Events
Our PMI Chapter welcomes proposals from passionate speakers interested in sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise on such topics as general business and strategy, leadership, project management, and technical or industry-specific specialties. Our Professional Development events provide professional development units (PDUs) of educational information necessary for those attendees maintaining certification designations. Speakers are also eligible to claim PDUs for their creation and delivery of the presentation material.