Welcome to the Lunch & Learn Page
PURPOSE: Create a Lunch & Learn program for the purposes of fostering professional growth, encouraging personal enrichment, and strengthening peer bonds. You will earn 1 PDU for attending or presenting.
- A platform to speak and demonstrate their presentation skills.
- An opportunity to practice public speaking on topics that current members expressed a desire to learn about (from PMI-4C Survey results).
- Members with visibility among peers.
- Members opportunities to engage with other members.
FREQUENCY OF EVENT:
- Occurs one time per month on the first Friday of the month at 12:00 PM and ends at 1 PM.
- Does not include July, November, or December.
- From 12:45-1:00 PM will be Q&A, Closing, and/or announcement of next speaker and topic.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Presentation must be limited to 45 minutes with 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Lunch & Learn Coordinator will provide a 5 minute checkpoint to let the presenter know they need to wrap up in 5 minutes. This is a time constraint and some presentations may not come to completion due to the time constraint.
- Chapter member signs a speaking agreement.
- Chapter member speakers present on subject matter they selected to speak about on the date they agreed to speak.
- Participants do not need to be subject matter experts on the material being presented. This material can be based on something read, researched, or watched about their chosen topic.
- Topics communicated during a Lunch & Learn do not represent the viewpoint or perspective of PMI or PMI-4C.
- Reminders will be given to participants of the importance of active listening and to value diverse viewpoints for a safe space to share thoughts and ideas.
- Facilitator/Moderator will be present.